Sunday, March 13, 2016

Everybody Reads YA!






Happy “Everybody Reads YA” Sunday! 

Today I’m sharing an excerpt from my YA mystery suspense novel, Sister Sleuths and the Shadowman.
http://www.amazon.com/The-Sister-Sleuths-Shadowman-Cortez-ebook/dp/B00J865XTA

www.goodreads.com/book/show/22668329


A pair of twin sisters befriend a lonely girl on Facebook, and soon find themselves in the middle of a mystery. With each clue they uncover, the girls get closer to discovering a secret that has been buried for decades.




I look back at the screen. Up in the corner I see I’ve got a massage. “It can’t be!”
I click on it. Annabelle’s picture appears. The message says,
I know what you think.
But please don’t give up on me. I need your help.
“What the-? I thought I blocked her.”
I go through the process and block her again. I shut the computer and walk away.
“She isn’t real, Sam. The real Annabelle is dead. This is just someone trying to trick us.





Sandy and Samantha may be twins, but sharing the same birthday is where their similarities end. It seems like the girls will never find common ground until they stumble upon another set of siblings hiding secrets, lies, and shadows of the past.




About the Author:




As a small child M. A. Cortez lived in a big old house with plenty of secret passageways and hidden doors, which, fueled her overactive imagination. She used those memories to create the setting for this story.

Instagram@ BookwormyXOX0