Sunday, July 17, 2016

Happy Everybody reads YA Sunday 27xs

Happy everybody reads YA Sunday. Today I'm sharing a tidbit from my short story  27xs.

Blurb:
Nixie has never been one to back down from a challenge so when Gwen boasts that she can win the Archery tournament and the guy, Nixie's competitive nature takes over. Find out what happens in this short but sweet romantic adventure.


 Excerpt:
The arrow flew furiously to the target. Hitting a hard spot, it bounced off and headed right back toward the shooter. A few of the archers instinctively moved out of the way but it hit Nixie in the arm just above her elbow.  “Ouch!”  Garrett dropped his bow and ran to her. “Oh my gosh, I’m so sorry. Are you okay?”



About The Author



Mary Ann Cortez lives in Colorado with her one true love. She spends her days reading, writing, and loving her grand kids.  Check out my other books.