Sunday, September 11, 2016

Everybody Reads YA- Moon Dance

Happy Everybody Reads YA Sunday.  Don't Say goodbye to summer without one more visit to the beach. My short story Moon Dance will have you feeling the spray of the ocean, your toes in the sand and tasting the salt in the air. You'll even get to meet a baby seal.

Blurb:  Luna has one wish for her birthday. She wants to spend it forgetting her ex and celebrating with her family. When her plans fall through she and her cousin Nina decide to cruise along the coast. Once again, her plans go awry. Summer Solstice is the longest day of the year and Luna feels every minute drag by before the sun gives way to the moon and she realizes her wish has been unfolding all day long.



Excerpt:
I make my way down to the shore and let the small waves ripple over my feet and legs, cooling me down. As much as I love the ocean, I’ve never been much of a water baby, but I’ve always loved watching my feet as the water recedes into the ocean, making it look like I’m sliding backward on the shore. 

About the Author:




M.A. Cortez grew up in sunny California and has many fond memories of hot summer days on the beach. 
She now resides in colorful Colorado with her husband. Occasionally, they still find themselves dancing under a summer moon.
Check out her other books at