Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Writing and The Stairway to success

I am a writer and like most writers I’d like to feel successful someday.  So imagine my reaction when I puled this from a fortune cookie the other day. Sure, I was hopeful, but I also know that if it's ever going to happen it will take hard work.

The stairway to success is a steep one. A winding staircase lined with joyful and depressing moments you'll experience as you ascend. Distractions come at you from all directions, and you’ll come upon a few squeaky steps that make you wonder if you should stop where you are. But I say, move forward.
Don’t rush. With each step look around, see what is happening and take that image with you, there may be good to be gleaned from it. If you can’t find the good, then observe the bad and learn from it.
Prepare yourself, because you will have battles to fight.  External and internal battles. There’s that inner critic that deceives you, makes you want to turn away from your goal and run back down those stairs. Don’t listen. Keep climbing.

Some of the most famous authors in the word were told they didn’t have what it takes to get to the top. Here are a few names you might recognize.
Theodor Seuss Geisel, aka Dr. Seuss- Mulberry Street
Anne Frank -The Diary of a young girl
William Golding - Lord of the Flies
 Margaret Mitchell - Gone with The Wind
JK Rowling- Harry Potter
So I say keep climbing. One day your name might be on that list. Here are a couple of websites to keep you motivated.
Publishers are always looking for new talent. You can find some here. http://www.authorspublish.com/category/issues/issue-one-hundred-ninety-one-issues/
And of course my favorite publisher http://solsticepublishing.com/





M.A. Cortez lives with her family in Colorado. She spends her days reading, writing, and drinking lots of coffee. 
Check out her other books. 

Follow me
Instagram@ Bookwormyxoxo