Friday, March 3, 2017

My 50 words or less Children's Picture book story challenge.

I've decided to step up my game this year with my writing goals. One of those goals is to improve my writing in the area of picture books. I've joined new groups and tried new things. One is a challenge to write a picture book story in 50 words or less.
This awesome contest is hosted by picture book author Vivian Kirkfield. You can check out the details here. https://viviankirkfield.com/

My story is a simple one but it was fun to write. This is my first time attempting such a feat, so hope I did okay. 





SAM AND JAKE BAKE A CAKE
"It’s Mommy’s birthday."
"Let’s make her a cake."
First a bowl. Then a spoon.
Pour the flour in.
Eggs, milk, sugar too.
Give it a spin Sam.
Give it a taste Jake.
Yum.
Splat!
Quick!
Cupboard. Cupcake. Candle.
"What’s all this?"
"Happy Birthday Mommy. Look what we made for you."